These notes are intended to explain how to use:
Currently the Profile details are mixed in with the Personal Website details; this will be resolved in the next upgrade. IT IS RECOMMENDED THAT YOU SET UP TEXT FIELDS FOR YOUR PROFILE, THEN YOUR PERSONAL IMAGE AND THAT YOU LEAVE THE IMAGE FIELDS FOR YOUR PERSONAL WEBSITE, UNTIL YOU HAVE ATTENDED A COURSE ON HOW TO CREATE A PERSONAL WEBPAGE.
Every time you update any information YOU MUST CLICK "SUBMIT", at the bottom of the page, to update any changes.
1. MY PROFILE
This provides information to enable members know more about each other, and for administrators to run the Foundation.
To update your profile go to the MEMBERS HOME PAGE and select "MY PROFILE".
Most of the text fields are self explanatory. Name, address, contact information. The Employer field is intended to help CPF source supplies from members' companies. The Profile Biography should describe your photographic interests and objectives so that members can learn about each other.
Information entered here appears in the Members Listing and Members Profile.
Once the "My Profile" text fields are correctly uploaded, please enter your PROFILE IMAGE, as soon as possible.
Don't forget to press SUBMIT every time any information is changed.
2. PROFILE IMAGE
The Profile Image enables members to recognise each other. It is used on the Members Listing and the Personal Profile pages.
CAUTION: Before attempting to upload any images it is critical that you size your image to the correct LENGTH AND WIDTH RATIO and that the image is the correct overall SIZE. See the HOW TO CONFIGURE WEBSITE IMAGES in the Members Info pages.
Before you attempt to upload the Profile Image, make sure it is configured correctly. If you upload an incorrectly prepared image it can jam this field.
Upload image - should be prepared as: Width 150 pixels x Height 120 pixels, 72 dpi, sRGB, jpg
To update your profile image go to the MEMBERS HOME PAGE and look for the field called UPLOAD IMAGE
Click the CHOOSE FILE, which will enable you to navigate to the desired image on your computer. Select the image by double-clicking or selecting and press the select button.
On some computers you may need to wait until the image panel displays the actual image. Hence it is recommended you wait at least a minute to allow the image to upload. If it doesn't appear after a minute proceed to the next step.
After entering your image, use the golden rule, by pressing the Submit button at the bottom of the page.
3. THE CPF PERSONAL WEBSITE
All people wishing to create a Personal Web page must comply with the terms posted in the Members section. (Maintain a standard consistent with the aims of CPF and only post material where the site holder has copyright.)
The personal website provides you with your own website, with it's own address. Through a system of albums and images it enables you to post images to your website.
Your personal website enables you to invite friends or the public to see your work. You are able to include the URL on your Visiting card etc. It is open to the public, but the public can not access the page directly from the CPF website.
Your personal website is easily viewable by members via the Members Listing, which is in the Members Only section of the CPF website.
There are virtually no limitations on the graphics that can be incorporated onto your site.
The personal website is based on creating information as graphic images, then uploading the images to the site. If the information can be designed as an image it can be uploaded. For example your name and address can appear over the top of an image.
To understand the page layout consider the page as having 5 elements. The first, graphic element, is the band across the top called a Banner. The second element forms the body of the page. The third element is where albums and images appear. The fourth is a text box intended to be your Biographic details. The last element is the menu in the top right hand corner.
1. Upper header banner W 150 x H 120px
2. Mid Body Image W 980 x 144px
1. Before attempting to upload any Image, make sure it is configured correctly. If you upload an incorrectly prepared image it can jam this field. See How to configure website images in the Members Info area.
2. The images required to make your persoanl website, must be made in Photoshop or similar and saved as correctly formatted jpg images.
3. Biography. Currently this field uses your profile information. In the next upgrade this field will be split into Members Biography and Website Biography.
4. Upper header banner. (See diagram above) Best dimensions W 980 x H 144px, 60% 72dpi sRGB, jpg.. This is the strip that runs across the top of the Personal Website, it is sometimes called a banner. Take care when designing to allow for the navigation menu toward the top right.
5. Title for personal website. This is a brief name used in your URL. (website address). It should be less the 25 characters and should be in the form of First name and surname or Initials and surname.
6. Website Link (URL). This enables a link to another website. Used where you have another website or website listing or Facebook etc. insert the full address starting with www………. This does not appear on your Website page, but is included in the Members Profile listing.
7. Facebook Link. Your facebook URL. Best copies and pasted from your browser. This does not appear on your Website page, but is included in the Members Profile listing.
8. Upload Personal Website Image. (Mid Body Image). (See diagram above). Best dimensdions 980 x 600px 60% 72dpi sRGB, jpg. This forms the mid section to your Web page.
9. EVERY TIME YOU WISH TO UPDATE YOUR DETAILS, ALWAYS PRESS “SUBMIT” when leaving the page. If you use the browser back you leave the page without updating.
10. Check to see that the upload is correct by using the menu. MY PROFILE.
11. If MY PROFILE appears correctly, proceed to check the MY WEBSITE.
12. If an image does not appear the chances are it is the wrong size.
13 Useful data Web Page Total image area W 980 x H 144 + W 980 x H 600 Combined W 980 x H 744 or 19% for top and 81% Middle area
If more than 40 images are posted a hosting charge will be made.
1. This adds an Album(s) to your Personal Webpage.
2. Click on ADD ALBUM (mid right hand side)
a. Name album. Max ?? characters
b. Album description. A brief description of contents.
c. Album status. This enables you to either show (ACTIVE) or hide (INACTIVE) the album on your website.
d. Album Type. Currently this field is inactive and allows for future upgrades. It is best set to PRIVATE.
e. Sort order. Controls order in which albums appear on webpage. It is recommended to set all to “1” and adjust the numbering later.
g. Once an album is created click SAVE.
4. You can now add images by clicking on PHOTO
a. Picture caption Maximum characters ??
b. Select Picture. This navigates to the image. The maximum size is ????
c. Status. Recommend the default Active.
d. Sort order. Order images are to appear.
e. Set this picture as default. Causes image to be the Album cover image.
f. Click Save to update.
g. Repeat to add more images.
h. Always click SAVE to update the site.
1. This controls additional variables on your Personal Site.
2. Custom Background. Use verticle scroll handles and drag the colour picker circle. Click Colour globe in lower right to update.
3. Custom Menu More info follows
4. Custom Header (Colour). Where a banner is not used?
5. Custom Body. More info follows